Sunday, June 9, 2013

Joyful Sunday???

Ok, day two of my Joy Journey blog and it's Sunday...  Normally Sundays for me aren't my favorite day of the week, they're slow and a bit boring and usually a chore day, and you don't get to stay up late cause the work week starts the next day, ugh.  Sooo I got up not feeling particularly "joyful".  I pushed the button to make myself a cup of coffee (essential ingredient to my everyday life!), doled out my various vitamins and pills, grabbed a scone and sat on the couch for breakfast.


http://www.channel5.com/shows/paul-merton-in-europe/episodes
Now another thing bad about Sunday is TV sucks, not helping the doldrums of the day.  I scrolled through the channels and came to "Paul Merton in Europe" and thought I'd check it out.  Never seen this show before.  This particular episode Paul, a rather nondescript British guy, was travelling through Germany.  Sounded ok and I was pleasantly surprised at how funny it was!  He didn't go the normal "tourist" route but went decidedly unconventional in his travelling through the country.  Trying not to go into too much detail, the first place I saw him visit was an old penitentiary re purposed into a hotel where he booked in, not too comfortably I might add.  Another was a spa where you can sit in a jacuzzi.... filled with hot bubbling beer.... while drinking a beer that can be refilled at will from your own personal tap, imagine that!  He also tried bowling where all the people are naked, I mean, showing everything... (nice visual).  Needless to say I got quite the chuckle from that!  The funniest part of the show was his expressions and reactions, it was really hilarious especially with his dry British wit.  I highly recommend this show for a good laugh!

Sooo my Sunday wasn't starting out half bad after all.  Good breakfast, good laugh, and good company I might add (thanks hubby).  I guess it pays to add up the little things that can bring joy to our day!  A scale of 1 to 10 on my joy meter my Sunday started at about 4.5 but ended up a nice.... 8!  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment