Monday, July 1, 2013

Masterpiece take # 1

Gesso you'll know how I'm progressing!  (did you catch the pun?  What?  You don't get it??  Ok... moving on.)  Anyhooo....

The first step in the process of making my masterpiece vinyl floor cloth is prepping the surface.  So I drove on down to my local Michael's craft store and grabbed me some assorted supplies for the painting process, including a big bottle of gesso (hence the pun above).






In case you're wondering gesso is the base coat
that seals your surface before painting and it provides "tooth" for the paint to adhere. 











So, I used a nice foam roller and painted the first coat.  I think I'll put on 2 coats so the little marks on the vinyl won't show through.  I'm putting it on the reverse side of the vinyl if you remember from my first post, the other side has the raised faux tile design on it.  This side is nice and smooth for my painting pleasure!  I'll have to wait 24 hours between coats.... gives me more time to decide on what to paint! (no, I haven't a clue what to do yet....)








Ok, finished!  Now to decide the design, hmmmmmm.  Still think I like the rug from anthropologie, it's got a nice contemporary graphic, not too hard I should think and I can choose what ever colors I want....

 But we'll see!  Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment