Monday, July 15, 2013

Masterpiece Take # 2

Ok I can already tell this project is going to take more than a few posts!  I finally settled on the big floral design for my floor cloth so I bought all the paint and laid down a buttermilk crème color for my base coat



I used some blue painters tape to mark off a small border all the way around just to frame the picture a bit, I'll add that border when I finish the main picture.

 

I also started drawing out the design in pencil and boy is it going to be a process!  It's a simple concept, just large flowers and leaves and other little doo dads, but it'll completely fill the canvas from one end to the other and it's a pretty slow process for me, I guess it doesn't help that I'm a bit of a perfectionist!  I tried out a little of the paint too, all it requires is lining out everything in the different colors, no shading or filling in.. but look at all the lines, and I'll have to go over them a few times if I don't want the pencil to show through.

Well.... it might take a few more posts to finish this masterpiece...  maybe till take #32?  Oy I hope not!!

 Oh well....  What is that saying?  Any job worth doing, is a job worth doing well!  And this job will be a masterpiece!!  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment