Monday, July 1, 2013

The Joys of Motherhood?

Why is it that every time my son leaves the house with keys in hand I feel like this:


http://hahasforhoohas.com/
My son (to be 21 in October) started class today at a new community college.  He was nervous, and that's to be expected, we've all felt that way in new situations, it's perfectly normal!

  But he's practically an adult now (wow, in my eyes he's still 3) and I still go out of my mind with worry! Shouldn't I have "cut those apron strings" by now??  Why is it so hard to let our children leave the house without feeling like we're dying a little inside? 

I mean, he has a valid drivers license.  I saw him put his wallet in his pocket myself.  He communicates well with people... he's a very capable young man...  so what is wrong with me?

 It's been this way from the first time I sent him down a slide and then on down through all 12 different schools he's attended and many, many other occasions in between!  I died a little bit through each one of those times... I should be dead by now!

Well.... maybe it's because I love him more than life itself.  And because I remember what it felt like to have my stomach tied up in knots entering a classroom for the first time..... and I don't want him to ever feel the way I remember I did... at least not without knowing his Mom will be right there with him every new step he takes in life!  (in spirit of course.. he would kill me if I was there in person....sheesh)


Here's to you Chris, and every new adventure you take in your life!  I'll be right there with you!  (no matter how fast you run from me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment